Clinical Postgraduate Residency
Mind & Spirit Center’s Postgraduate Clinical Residency Program offers intensive residencies to provisionally licensed graduates of master’s level mental health programs.
The postgraduate clinical residency is a paid one-year to two-year training program designed to prepare a resident for full licensure to practice independently as a mental health therapist in the state of Iowa. Graduate programs may have been in social work, clinical mental health counseling or marriage and family therapy.
Requirements of the Program
- Direct psychotherapy service to clients
- Weekly individual and group supervision of all clinical work
- Participation in ongoing training and didactic seminars
- Compliance with all requirements of supervision
- Attendance at staff meetings, consultation, case conferences, and all required staff activities
- Proper maintenance of case notes and treatment plans using the electronic records system
- Compliance with all standards listed in the Center’s personnel practices manual and in the clinical services manual
“I offer an enthusiastic endorsement of the clinical residency program at the Center. As a graduate of the Mental Health Counseling program at Drake University and of the Center’s graduate training program, I was well prepared to seek credentialing as a temporary licensed mental health counselor in Iowa. My expertise is deeper and sharper through the program’s rigorous didactics and consultation. The Center’s holistic approaches align with my professional values of delivering integrative, client-centered services. I am a better clinician due to my residency experience and I think it’s critically important to grow the program to meet Iowa’s mental health workforce crisis.”