Clinical Postgraduate Residency
Mind & Spirit Center’s Postgraduate Clinical Residency Program offers intensive residencies to provisionally licensed graduates of master’s level mental health programs.
The postgraduate clinical residency is a paid one-year to two-year training program designed to prepare a resident for full licensure to practice independently as a mental health therapist in the state of Iowa. Graduate programs may have been in social work, clinical mental health counseling or marriage and family therapy.
We are currently accepting applications for the Postgraduate Clinical Residency Program cohort. The application process reopens each December for the following year’s fall training term.
- List of graduate courses complete
- Clinical case summary (real or hypothetical) that demonstrates your approach to practice
- One letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your clinical skills (typically a practice class instructor or a practicum supervisor)
Requirements of the Program
- Direct psychotherapy service to clients
- Weekly individual and group supervision of all clinical work
- Participation in ongoing training and didactic seminars
- Compliance with all requirements of supervision
- Attendance at staff meetings, consultation, case conferences, and all required staff activities
- Proper maintenance of case notes and treatment plans using the electronic records system
- Compliance with all standards listed in the Center’s personnel practices manual and in the clinical services manual