The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is pleased to offer Ethical Boundary Training for Clergy. Clergy from all denominations are welcome to attend.
DATE Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
TIME 9:00AM – 3:30PM (Registration begins at 8:30AM)
TUITION $30 for Central Association UCC clergy in good standing. $50 for all others. Lunch is included.
LOCATION Urbandale United Church of Christ (3530 70th St, Urbandale)
REGISTRATION Registration is closed – please contact Chris Waddle below for more information
If you have questions, contact Chris Waddle at: email@example.com
Description of Training
What are healthy boundaries? Why are they important? What is the difference between boundary crossing and boundary violation? Beginning with an understanding of the nature of ministry, this workshop will focus on the broad range of professional boundaries that include but consist of so much more than prevention of sexual misconduct.
- Developing Self-Awareness
- The Impact of Family Systems on Healthy Boundaries
- The Nature of Power
- Dual Relationships—My Pastor, My Friend
- Financial Boundaries—Appropriate Gifts
- Communications—Need to Know or Want to Know?
- Internet and Social Networks
- Issues of Resistance
- Prevention Measures and Supports
Chris Waddle, Director of Leadership and Spiritual Life