Request an Appointment
Take the first step on your journey to hope and healing by requesting an appointment.
Whether you are a new or returning client, the first step in scheduling an appointment is to help us understand your concerns so we may match you with a counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, leadership director or spiritual director.
- Complete the secure intake form. (Takes about 5-10 minutes.)
- We will match you with a clinician and get back to you within three business days to schedule your appointment.
- Telehealth appointments are an option if you prefer a virtual yet HIPAA compliant option.
- You may also call 515-274-4006 from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday to request an appointment. If our lines are busy, please leave a message, and a member of our staff will get back to you within three business days.
Due to high volume, there may be a waiting list. Please visit these resources while you wait.
Your First Appointment
Before Your Appointment
After you complete the Appointment Request Form, we will get back to you within three business days after we have matched you with the best team member to fit your needs. We’ll find an appointment time that works for you and your provider.
Next we provide you with an intake packet that includes a few forms you’ll need to complete ahead of your appointment. If you have any questions about these forms, please call us at 515-274-4006 from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. We are here to help you!
What To Bring
- Completed intake packet forms
- Government issued ID
- Insurance card(s)
- If you select a telehealth appointment, we will arrange to obtain copies of everything beforehand.
At Your Appointment
At your first appointment, we’ll begin with what you’ve come to address. This is true whether you have an in-person or telehealth appointment. Your provider will invite you to express your concerns and issues, then ask questions to better understand your story. You and your provider will discuss whether your concerns are isolated or if there is a recurrent pattern. Depending on your needs and preferences, your provider may use different diagnostic approaches and therapies. You’ll be able to ask questions and receive thoughtful answers to guide you along your journey.
Your first appointment begins the relationship between you and your provider. Together, you will set treatment plans and goals that fit your preferences and needs. Your provider may recommend additional support options that are part of the Mind and Spirit Counseling Center’s holistic approach to healing.